Mar 1, 2010

4 Sleeps until our Asian Adventure

I'm getting really excited about this trip. My cousin Joel is getting married to Vi in Siem Reap, Cambodia on March 18th, which instigated our whole family to have another big vacation.

Itinerary Summary

Hong Kong to see Kirk Kenny for one night. (Dim Sum and the night market)
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (Parks, food and cheap shopping)
Bangkok, Thailand (High hopes for the lollipop trees at The Grand Palace)
Koh Samui, Thailand (my hot beach getaway)
Bangkok, Thailand (hanging out)
Siem Reap, Cambodia (Wedding parties and Angkor Wat)

It will go by really fast. I'm trying to pack lightly so I can fill my suitcase with stuff I buy there.

4 comments:

Jen L said...

Mary I'm so excited to live vicariously through your family vacation! I know you're going to love Thailand. Thai tips:
1. Consider getting a tailored suit and/or jacket made in Bangkok. Ference haute couture. Very inexpensive!
2. Make sure you and the girls wear skirts to the King's palace.
3. Sawadee ka (kup for males) means hello.
4. Take at least 1 picture of yourself drinking from a thai bucket (bonus points for more than 5 straws).

Can't wait to read about your adventures!
Jen

Sally T. said...

You know I'm the biggest fan of your blog. EVER. And this first installment of the next great Ference adventure is getting me all excited for you guys!

Can't WAIT!

She's so fly said...

Jen...can I wear a dress, or should it specifically be a skirt? Just googled Thai Bucket and I'm totally up to the 5 straw challenge.

Sawadee ka...stress on the Sa, wa or dee?

cor said...

You guys are going to have so much fun! I am happy that you'll be blogging here so I can follow what you guys are up to. The picture ops are going to be unreal!!
Safe travels and lots of sunny beaches to you! Wishing we were all coming! Keep care of that little brother of yours :)
love, Cor