Mar 14, 2010

2 nights in Bangkok

Best food ever. I swore I wouldn't eat off the street, but MAN, how can you not? Barbequed banana on a stick, coconut rice cakes, corn on the cob. Everything is so fresh.
We've tried every type of transportation: Walking, taxi, riverboat taxi, tuk-tuk, and skytrain. There is so much traffic, that skytrain and riverboat are the way to go. Shopping is crazy...everything from cheap street stuff to high end malls. I was in techno-gadget heaven in the Siam Paragon BE store. Cute little iPod speakers, stationary, lego jewellery, stuff you see in Wired magazine, all in front of you. Agh! I wish I could take everything home.
The Grand Palace is the home of lollipop trees. The kids were tired of me taking pictures of every tree I saw. Lots of tourists. Many who wanted pictures of Ava as a souvenir?

My mom and I went for foot massages. Holy! I didn't know you could spend 60 minutes on feet. It was painful, yet wonderful. I didn't know I had that many spots in my foot to massage. How can they only charge $12 for this?..and at a higher end hotel nonetheless. They even spend the last 10 minutes on your back, shoulders, arms and hands.

More later.

1 comment:

Sally T. said...

omg...sounds super fun! I need to see your pics soon. How are the girlies enjoying themselves? Say hi to Chris and Josie (and mah girlies). Miss you!