Jul 6, 2011

Last day in Rome - Parasol Fiasco




Last day in Rome. Wanted to shop, eat and relax. The girls were dying to buy a parasol all week, so when we got to the Spanish Steps we were in luck. There were several men selling them They couldn't decide on a colour. Meanwhile, I'm holding a green one (haven't paid) when the street vendor flees and a cop walks up to me and tells me it's illegal for them to sell them. Agh! It was utter chaos. What do I do with the green parasol? I totally thought the street vendor was going to come after me to pay for it, so we hid in a camper store. Expensive hide-out, because Chris bought another pair of shoes. (Yesterday,we hit the Gente' outlet and found him red Prada runners. What has become of Chris?



Walked in +37 heat back to our hotel and did laundry. (after we got locked out of our room)



Then we ate at Cotto. Chris had a filet. I had lamb chops. The kids shared risotto. Arrivederci Roma!





2 comments:

Cornelia said...

Mary... I just caught up on your blog and love it!! Next Europe trip.... we are coming! What awesome memories for your girls and your pictures are gorgeous. Stay safe hhave lots of fun!

Sally T. said...

Umbrella thief (ha ha). And Chris is a shoe ho! I love that Italy is turning him into a fashion plate.

Did you get to keep the green one?