Mar 9, 2010

Shopping in Ho Chi Minh City

Hello! I thought Manila was inexpensive. This is unbelievable.
Chris went to the bank to exchange $100US and we got over 2 million Vietnam Dongs.
Dong is such a great word. I can say 'hello' sin chow (sp?) and 'thank you' cam on (sp?) It's getting us by. The shopping highlight is around the Ben Thanh Market. Don't laugh, but I've re-stocked Chris' underwear drawer with new faux 'Louis Vuitton' and 'D&G' boxer briefs. I've stocked up on sunglasses, silk pajamas and boxes of fake eyelashes. We stop for fresh mango smoothies and root beer. The kids can't stand the smell of the food stalls. Neither can I.

1 comment:

Sally T. said...

Dongs? LOL! You know how juvenile I am; that totally makes me laugh. Rowan will love it, too.

Shop away, girl...do me proud!