Mar 9, 2010

Kirk and Faye

Got to visit with Kirk Kenny and Faye. He's been living in Hong Kong for 6 months. We walked to a little night market. There were so many cute dress shops on the way. It was 10pm, but the kids came with us so we hyped them up on pop. Bought cutesy little Hello Kitty cube lights, Super Mario mushrooms and my aunt found a miniature mah jong set for the girls. I love this stuff. It's great having Faye to speak Cantonese and barter for us.

We dropped the girls back at the hotel and took a cab to a night club on the 29th floor of a building that overlooked both Kowloon and Hong Kong. There was some Bollywood type band playing. It was the most crowded, party situation I've ever been in. (I know, I haven't been out in 15 years, so it was a shocker) I don't think there are any fire regulations for how many people they can squeeze into that place. For some reason, I only saw about five Chinese people. Everyone was Indian (except Chris and Kirk)...probably because of the band. FUN!

Some pics of our family in Hong Kong courtesy of Mr. Kirk Kenny

1 comment:

Sally T. said...

I have a visual in my head that's kind of like the bar in Lost in Translation, only more crowded. Sounds like it was a pretty interesting night!

I love that you changed the tag in your blog from ah, oui to ni hao!